Friday, August 2, 2013

Why we play floorball


My relationship with floorball started eight years ago and it was love at first sight. I joined a club and started playing and I´ve done it ever since. Even after moving to another city floorball stayed and my hobby continued.
As the ball can go up to 200 km\h, floorball is one of the fastest indoor games there is. It can be played all year round and when the weather allows players can go outside. Floorball only needs a floor, a stick and a ball to play. As it´s a releativly new sport it´s gaining popularity fast and new clubs blossom all over the world. Floorball is a team sport and teamwork in there is really important.
Floorball is a really physically challenging and from my personal experience I can say that it burns 1200 kcals per 1.5 hours of heavy playing. Of course anyone can play at his or her own pace.

Madis-Karli Koppel


The first Floorball club in Banja Luka was funded by a Bosnian student who trained this sport in Sweden. I found out about it on Facebook so me and my brother decided to try it. When we started to play it it was contagious, when I grab the stick I decided "it is for me". It's a very fast sport, one player cannot be on court all the time, you must exchange players to keep the fast rhythm. It's not aggressive like hokey on ice, we don't even have protection (we have more mobility), only the goalkeeper does.
People are skeptical about this sport in the beginning, but when you try it, everybody falls in love with it. It's the thing that is better to play than to watch. I am always available to talk about this sport and it's short history.

Ljubiša Raljić

Check out some of the best countries that play here


No comments:

Post a Comment